Monday, June 8, 2009

What a Class!

Married life brings lots of changes - what an understatement, huh? One of those changes for us is finding a new Sunday school class. But with that, brings another big change for me.... putting teaching on a hold for a bit. For the past three years, I've taught 3rd grade at Frazer. My children over the past 3 years have been some of the most intelligent, sweet, ENTHUSIASTIC kids. They are also little Godly sponges! They love talking about God, talking about their experiences. For a 26 year old adult, it can really bring you back down to reality to understand some of the things an 8 or 9 year old worries about. And parents beware: they are open books! They don't mind sharing what's going on at home. :)


Back to the story ... John and I need to find a Sunday school class for us. It might mean we find an 11:00am class which makes teaching not possible for that age. But God will work it out - and I'll be back teaching my babies soon, hopefully! :) For now... here's a picture of a WONDERFUL group. They're in their 4th grade class now, and I already miss them SO MUCH!!! Don't they look like such a fun group?!?

God's Word says, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deut. 11:18-19

I want these kids to know God's Word and be warriors for Christ! I can certainly say this group is well on their way!

No comments: