Monday, January 25, 2010

Makes Me Long for Summer ...

I can't think of a time I wouldn't want to be at the beach. Perhaps not during a hurricane, but summer or fall - take me to the beach. If you want to be reminded of God's greatness, just go sit on the sand and look into the vast and great ocean. And think, "Now God is telling these waters where to go and where to stop." (Job 38:11) In-cre-di-ble.

We visited this time to see where we'll be hanging out for years to come!

Ah... If this doesn't scream 'BEACH!' I don't know what will. This is my aunt and uncle's new place. It's a fairly new purchase, but unfortunately Whitney has already seen it. And has staked her claim ...


To that I say, "Whatever!" She thinks she's getting the bigger bed and bath when we're all there visiting. Listen, seniority has it's privileges.


Now that's why I'm longing for summer. Bring on the warm weather! I'm ready to spend lots of time here...


Thank you Uncle Ock and Aunt Trina for having us down! I'm looking forward to the family vacations there .. just whenever you want to send the invites out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay Lauren- my sweet one- this looks amazing! I'm like you- give me the beach, hot coffee and my bible first thing in the morning- nothing like it anywhere. I was raised on Ft Lauderdale Fla beach and so my roots go way deep in the ocean. Many wonderful family memories- I miss those days very much. This will be great for your family for generations to come. LB

John and Lauren said...

Yes - there's nothing like Bible study at the beach! I'm so glad you understand!! :) I love you so much!