Monday, January 25, 2010

What's At The Cross?

I love the cross. I have several nailed to the walls in my home. Like this one ...

I have a best friend who has a wall COVERED in crosses. Take a look at it; it's beautiful!

All different kinds. All different sizes and colors. Some are more simple; some are beautiful and shiny. I happen to think crosses make a wall look pretty. But when I think about the cross, this question keeps popping in my mind: "What's at the Cross?" True, there are beautiful "things" found at the cross, just like the beautiful replicas in our houses. Salvation is at the cross; freedom is there. Forgiveness is greatly there. And we could certainly keep going.

But What's at the Cross for me to do? In Hillsong's song "Lead Me To The Cross," it says:
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to you
Lead me, Lead me to the Cross

Rid. Me. Of. Myself.

I play that song a lot in the car. Perhaps this is why God has me dwelling on it. I keep thinking, "Lord - I sing 'lead me to the cross' but what will I do there? What do you want me to do?"

Rid. Me. Of. Myself.

SURRENDER. Be obedient. Be obedient to where God is calling you, to what He's calling you to do - whether it's comfortable or uncomfortable. Whether you stick out like a sore thumb or are embraced for it.

"Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:8

What's at the Cross? Obedience. Surrender.

Lord, let the cross be a reminder that you want obedience from us.

Lead me to the Cross.

No comments: