Saturday, August 7, 2010

blog slacker.... and my reason for it

So the last time I posted was in June. The last post was from Leah's baby shower, and now that baby should be here any day! But I have to tell you I have been bursting at the seams to post. I just haven't had time! The first two weeks of July were so busy and jam packed, that I didn't have the time to EVEN sign into my account to see what my friends have been doing. I've certainly been out the blog-loop for the past month and a half.

And my reason for it .... I changed jobs. June 30th I left my public affairs job and walked into a completely different job. A completely different "field." Something that had you told me even a year ago I would be doing full time, I probably would have thought no way possible. At noon June 30th, I left the homeland security office and at 1:00pm, I started with our church, Frazer Memorial United Methodist, as the Girls Minister. I can hear some of you laughing now ... minister, what?! Yeah, don't get hung up on that. If you share the Gospel and the love of Christ with others, you're a minister too. :)

I will tell you that it wasn't a hurried decision and that God has an incredible way of piecing events together. Girls ministry (6-12th grade) is a big piece of my heart. I love seeing girls deepen the relationship with Christ and grow into Godly young women. To say I'm doing what my heart screams out would be an understatement. I love God and I love kids (ahem, students, sorry.). Also, the people I work with are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and always good for a laugh! I work with a Brian, another Bryan, one Jon, a Mama Daisy and a sweet Mary. Pictures of the office are soon to come! You'll crack up at them. But wow -- what challenges are ahead! Only with God will they be successful!

So that my friends is where we've been lately. John and I are learning how to adjust our schedules and how to be even MORE patient with each other. Please pray for us. :)

I'll share some pictures on the next post. And maybe soon I'll have some recent pictures Whitney and I had in our bridal gowns. Oh wow is all I can say. But for now, I'm out. John's waiting on the computer.

Whoever claims to live in him must walked as Jesus did. 1 John 2:6

No comments: