Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Set Apart

I just finished this incredible book. I URGE every young woman - single or married - to get your hands on this book. God is really challenging me in several areas. In one of the last chapters, Leslie Ludy writes this:

"Not one of us is 'called' to live the self-indulgent, pleasure-seeking, comfort-craving life of the typical American Christian. If you think that God has called you to merely live in a nice house with a well-paying job and be part of a Bible study group, then you aren't very familiar with what His Word says. It's not that living in a nice house, having a well-paying job, or joining a Bible study is wrong. But those things are not the essence of the Christian life."

Wow. Got ya thinking? It certainly has me thinking...Has me thinking about the "set apart" life God talks about:
"You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own." Leviticus 20:26

No comments: