Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Joy of Family

Before John and I got married, I tried to schedule a family picture with Lori. Tried being the keyword. There was way too much going on between August and April to squeeze it in. Sunday we finally got to do it! I may be the only one in my family who looks forward to pictures. But, in years to come, I know everyone will be so thankful to have a memory of what life was like then. To get John pumped up for pictures I told him to consider this our "6 month" pictures. He said, "Lauren - we aren't babies! 6 month pictures?!" Guess that didn't work ... but these pictures definitely work for me! In fact, they are everything I wanted because when I look at them I laugh and I 'aww..." Thank you, thank you, thank you Lori Mercer!!


Whitney is going to be a gorgeous June bride! Get ready for more of this, Whitney! By the way, most of the pictures you see on this blog, Lori took. Including the picture header and the black and white to the left side. She's a jewel if you're looking for photographer!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

We love Lori too, she is such an amazing photographer! Your pictures are so good and glad you got your "6 month pictures" taken. What a beautiful family!

Jessica Taylor said...

Lauren, You and John are precious! I love these photos of the family!

Jessica

Margie Walters said...

Those are wonderful pictures! We go in November for our family pics... I may have to steal some of these ideas!