Thursday, October 15, 2009

This Could Be Life-Changing!

All my life this is what I have eaten every morning for breakfast:


Cinnamon Toast! I kid you not - since I've been able to eat solid foods, this is my choice for breakfast every morning. And if I don't have this, I find a way to put cinnamon on something. Pancakes (no syrup! just cinnamon), waffles, biscuits - cinnamon can go on just about anything for me.

Well, this morning I went to the dentist. After requesting medication for mouth ulcers that I usually get about 2-3 times every month, he told me perhaps I need to change my diet. Diet?! I asked what could be in my diet that causes ulcers? He says anything spicy or acidic or perhaps citrus foods. I thought for a moment ... no, don't usually eat a lot of that. Then he says the killer of my morning! "But actually, the worst thing you could eat is cinnamon." "CINNAMON!" I scream. Dr. Hudson was caught off guard. I told him I eat cinnamon every morning to which he laughs and says, "Well, that's got to stop. You really need to get that out of your diet." I wanted to clog my ears and hear no more of it! What in the world am I going to do without cinnamon or my cinnamon toast? No more cinnamon apples? No more cinnamon spicy drinks? After I finally got Dr. Hudson to understand how long cinnamon has been part of my life, he laughs again with "Well, that's probably why you've suffered with ulcers all your life."

I'm really going to miss you cinnamon man ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren ~ You are a DORK! :) Just Kidding... This really made me laugh!

Margie Walters said...

awww man! that is pitiful. I would die without cinnamon toast and peanut butter-marshmallow toast. they keep me sane.

Whitney said...

Drama Queen....since I KNOW you won't stop eating it I don't want to her anymore complaining about your mouth ulcers! Love you sis!

Whitney said...

Such a Drama Queen!! Love you anyways!! Bye Bye cinnamon!!