Monday, November 30, 2009

Newlywed Thanksgiving

Why must Thanksgiving already be over?! Holidays fly by way too fast. This was our first Thanksgiving together-together. While John and I were dating, we spent the holidays with our own families. Now, we divide our time between both families ... and as nervous as I was that trying to see everyone would be stressful and overwhelming, it worked out great! We did lunch in Birmingham with his side of the family. Then, we drove about 20 minutes north to Gardendale and had dinner with my side.

However, I do have one request: Can I just be the holiday photographer? I was busy helping my side of the family get ready for Thanksgiving Dinner that I didn't get the pictures I wanted. And, I also didn't get the family picture I wanted with John's immediate family. Bummer. Well, enjoy what I did get!
Our first newlywed Thanksgiving!
John with his sister, Kelly, and their grandmother.

Playing Go-Fish with my no-longer-baby cousins.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever! 1 Chronicles 16:24

1 comment:

Robyn said...

What a fun day and fabulous way to spend your first real Thanksgiving together!