Monday, May 24, 2010

My Girls

If you've heard me talk about 'my girls' this past year, this is who I've been talking about! (Minus about 7 of them!)


Aren't they so fun looking?! Trust me - they are!

Leslie (back row, far left) and I have led counseling sessions taught the 10th grade girls at Frazer for the past year. Not sure if I would have survived without Leslie as this was my first year in the youth group. I can remember the first Sunday morning as I walked into our room. There was a sea of beautiful, chatter-y girls. About 20 of them. Leslie couldn't be there that day, and I'm not quite sure how we made it through that first Sunday. But we did. I managed to get my name out and why in the world I was going to be one of their teachers. (Lucky them! They got a rookie! Again, thank the Lord for Leslie.)

Fast forward now 9 months --- I've had the BEST year with these girls! I told them Sunday I was going to be a little attached to them because they were my very first class. They broke me in. They have made me laugh, put me on the spot with interesting questions, and given me a fashion review with their outfits each Sunday. The best part, though, has been hearing what's on their hearts, and leading them in Truth as they continue to build their identity in Christ.

My girls are incredible!

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: